Beautiful Baby Saves Her Family From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning


Celia’s sleep schedule is like clockwork. So on this particular night when she unexpectedly wakes up for the second time, her mother leaps from bed, only to realize that something is very wrong.

Facebook/Monique Ruppel

Little did they know…

Kyle and Monique Ruppel never could have predicted the scare that they would encounter one random Friday evening. Their young daughter Celia had already woken during the night, as babies do, but typically Celia only wakes once. So when they heard Celia stirring again, Monique went to check on her. She shared on her Facebook page:

“I attempted to make my way to her room but only made it a few feet before being completely overwhelmed with vertigo. Kyle immediately woke and we quickly realized something was wrong. We both suffered from dizziness, headache, nausea, and burning eyes. We packed a bag and woke Celia.”

In only a few brief seconds, this young couple realized the severity of the situation.

Facebook/Monique Ruppel

Their worst nightmare

As Monique reached the crib of her baby, she was immediately aware that Celia was suffering from the same symptoms she and Kyle were experiencing. Monique explained:

“She began vomiting and as I held her my cat collapsed at my feet. Luckily Kyle’s parents arrived to help right before he collapsed. 911 was called. We were all taken to the hospital.”

What began as an ordinary night in the Ruppel home had quickly taken a turn for the worse.

Facebook/Monique Ruppel

A good report

Monique said that the medical responders wanted to take every precaution, so their little family of three was air-lifted to Vancouver, just to be safe. She went on to share:

“We were promptly treated for Carbon monoxide poisoning by wonderful doctors and nurses. We underwent 3, 2.5 hour dives in a Hyperbaric Chamber. We are all feeling very well and expected to make a full recovery.”

Most parents would agree that coming out of an experience such as this, with everyone in perfect health, is the biggest blessing of all!

Facebook/Monique Ruppel

Trust your gut

Although an unforgettable, chilling situation for the Ruppel family, being able to share their story with others just may save someone else’s life one day. Monique gives a word of wisdom:

“Please ensure you have a Carbon Monoxide detector and that it works. We are so thankful Celia woke us. We often wished she would sleep through the night but we do not feel that way any more. Our sweet sweet baby saved us all.”

Let us all learn from the Ruppel’s scare and be certain that our security/safety alarms and detectors are up to code and functioning efficiently.

Facebook/Monique Ruppel

Guardian angel

Celia’s parents couldn’t be more thankful for what their baby did for them that horrifying evening:

“This precious little angel did something extraordinary. Something she will not fully understand until she is grown. She literally saved our lives.”

Celia will surely learn of this story one day, when she’s old enough to understand what a true hero she really is!

Facebook/Monique Ruppel

Read Monique’s entire Facebook post

Safety comes first

What happened to the Ruppel family, could happen to anyone. We can all learn a great lesson from this terrifying story, and take the necessary measures to ensure that our own families are safe. Share this story with your loved ones, and remind them of the importance of being proactive!


Like it? Share with your friends!

What's Your Reaction?

Cute
0
Cute
Lol
0
Lol
Love
0
Love

Beautiful Baby Saves Her Family From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

log in

Captcha!

reset password

Back to
log in